This week’s recipe is a personal favourite. A take on carrot cake, this beautifully moist and healthy cake will leave you with a craving for more.
Pumpkin Bundt Cupcakes- Makes 12
1 medium cooking pumpkin
150g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
150g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp mixed allspice
- Chop and dice the pumpkin, removing the skin and seeds. Add to a pan and boil for 20-40 minutes with water until completely soft, and the chunks break easily when poked with a fork.
- Drain completely, mash until it is a puree consistency then leave to cool.
- Grease a 12-hole mini bundt tin with butter, then add flour and tap it out.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth, then add in the sugar and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and all the spices.
- Beat in one egg, until combined, then sieve in 2-3 tbsp of the flour mix and stir to combine.
- Beat in the second egg then sieve in the remaining flour mix, combining it all together to form a batter.
- Once the pumpkin has cooled, add it to the batter stirring in one tbsp at a time to incorporate it slowly. It is not necessary to use all the pumpkin, but use at least ¾.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with simple royal icing, 150g icing sugar with 3-4 tbsp of water added to make into a paste.
TOP TIP: At Halloween you can decorate instead with orange buttercream to look like pumpkins.
I hope you enjoy making these, and that you fall in love with the beautiful taste of them!
Until next time, Claudia 🙂